1 Who we are
Our website www.nosecretscosmetics.co.uk is operated by Cambridge Pharma Services Ltd trading as No Secrets Cosmetics. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we collect or receive from you.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving our products and services. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
2 What data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect information from you through different means:
- via our website when you visit our website, post a comment, register for our newsletter, open an account, purchase something in our shop, leave a review …
- via third parties such as social media when you like or comment posts, enter competitions or contact us via message
- via face-to-face contact during a fair, an event or a workshop for example.
- via other communications means such as post, email, phone or text messaging
We limit the amount and type of personal information that we collect to that which is necessary for the purposes for which we are collecting it. The personal information collected will vary according to the specific purpose for which we are collecting it. We may typically collect the following personal information from or in relation to you:
- Shipping and billing address
- phone number(s)
- e-mail address
- date of birth
- credit / debit card number (via Payment gateway)
- Location, IP address and browser type (automatically collected)
- products you’ve viewed
- merchandise category preferences
We generally store information about you only for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password.
We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our products/services
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- Contact for market research via email
- Show you adverts and other content on other websites or social media
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
What third parties we receive data from
We may receive personal information about you from the following third parties: Mail chimp, Facebook, Instagram, Google Analytics.
3 Sharing your data
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, we can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
Third party service providers
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you.
We may share your data with analytics and search engine providers such as Google Analytics to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website or with advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select relevant advert to you and others such as Google Ads or Facebook Ads.
Third party payment providers
We accept payments through PayPal / Square. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal / Square, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4 Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to easily visit other websites of interest. Please note that these websites have their own privacy statements and are not covered by this policy. Therefore, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites.
5 What rights you have over your data
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- Right of access to your personal information
- Right to rectify your personal information
- Right to portability of your personal information
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal information
- Right to object to the processing of your personal information
- Right to erase your personal information
- Right withdraw your consent at any time
If you would like to exercise your rights, withdraw your consent to process your personal information or for any enquiries or complaint, please contact us using the contact information below.
We commit to investigating all complaints and will take necessary measures to resolve matters of concern, including, if necessary, amending our policies and practices.
If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint is handled by us, you have the right to make a complaint to the competent supervisory authority.
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your information changes during the period for which we hold it.
6 How we protect your data
We take information security very seriously and take reasonable precautions to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
When you give us your payment card details, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on your web browsers. Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) may be transmitted normally over the internet (via email for example).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where you have chosen a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Your payment details are stored by third parties payment gateways like Paypal and Square. Your data is securely stored on protected third parties servers that require strong passwords to access, such as IONOS or Microsoft 365 Business. For further details, refer to the privacy policies for both Microsoft and 1&1 IONOS .
We review our internal retention periods for personal information on a regular basis however we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will not hold your personal information on our systems for longer than is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Our website is not directed towards children. The products that we offer for sale on our website are intended for purchase by adults only. We do not intentionally collect any personal information from children.
8 How to contact us